[LINK] Uncrewed submarines as ocean becomes ‘transparent’

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Sun Apr 16 12:41:11 AEST 2023

On 13/4/23 00:35, Stephen Loosley wrote:

>... How seriously does any country respect our Australian
> sovereignty if they open-up secret police stations here? ...

This is not a matter of respect. When it comes to international
relations, there is only self interest: if you can get away with it, you
do it. Countries routinely carry out espionage on, and operations in,
both their allies and enemies. If Australia is not happy with what
another country is doing on its territory, then it can close down the
operation. But it may be that they choose to allow something they can
easily monitor.

For me, the interesting part of this is how much the Internet can be
used for keeping track of citizens abroad. You might not even need a
local secret police station.

--
Tom Worthington, http://www.tomw.net.au