[LINK] India - UPI payment system

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Mon Apr 17 12:03:40 AEST 2023

On 14/4/23 17:37, Kim Holburn wrote:

> You’ve Probably Never Heard Of It, But India’s Other Big IT Project
> Might Be A World Beating One Thu, Apr 13th 2023 01:33pm - Glyn Moody
>  <https://www.techdirt.com/user/glynmoody/>
>
> China and India ... both have dismal records when it comes to
> Internet freedom, online censorship and privacy ...

Greetings from India. This country's record is on Internet freedom,
online censorship and privacy, is not that bad, I suggest.

> A global roll-out of UPI would obviously be great news for Russia,
> offering a way to circumvent the ban on using Swift ...

Is there a difference between a system for making small payments for
individuals, and the use of Swift to pay for corporations to buy
tanker-loads of oil?

> ... India, by contrast, is chiefly famous in the computing world for
> its vast digital biometric identity system, Aadhaar ...

India's computerized voting system doesn't get the praise it deserves.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_voting_in_India

--
Tom Worthington http://www.tomw.net.au