[LINK] Data-Driven Understanding of Real-Life Moral Dilemmas

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Thu Apr 20 11:47:48 AEST 2023

On 18/4/23 10:50, David wrote:

> I wonder what Waleed Aly and Scott Stephens (The Minefield, ABC RN,
> Sunday morning at 10:00 EST) would have to say about that gem?

The difference is that pundits talk about things, whereas some
researchers apply what they do. That is they theorize, but then cut code
to make it useful.

An example was someone who told me they were researching the use of the
word "the" in ancient Aramaic. I thought "what possible use could this
to be to anyone?". But they were starting a company to apply the
technology for student feedback on essays (in English).

--
Tom Worthington http://www.tomw.net.au