Test the site
linc at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Apr 23 01:28:36 EST 2001
Thanks for the look at the site. A good start.
1) I like link to the original .
2) I like link to discussion thread.
3) I hate frames! Lose them if at all possible.
4) Post some real entries. For example, the entry for /skin/ was so
abbreviated that I didn't know where my addition: /skinim kok/ 'retract
foreskin' would go.
5) /biras/ 'brass' was under /bras/ M75, revision has the gloss for
latter as 'mate, brother.' Surely you don't want to imply with these
spellings that we now have this minimal pair?? Are there individuals using
both /bras/ and /bada/ as roughly synonyms both from E brother? What does
that say about their sound system? I don't know either word.
6) What happened to /brata/ 'sibling of same sex'? Has it been bleached of
its Melanesian meaning?
7) Are you keeping Mihalic's layout? Good choice, I like it.
Please keep making claims of etymology but reduce the visual impact i.e.
"(E brother)" is better than "English brother." Perhaps a smaller
hoping these comments are helpful,
More information about the Mihalic