New words from as reported in Wantok Newspaper

Hela, Eric erich at morobegold.com.pg
Thu Sep 27 13:13:23 EST 2001

Thomas has extracted some pidgin words from the Wantok Nius paper published
some times ago and defined their meanings.   There are few words in his
extraction that I would like to correct or rather give different meaning
according to the way  many of Papua New Guineans (including me) use.

noks bisi - Expression to mean "don't mind about an event or an action".
lapun na wip yet - Expression to mean, "one is old but very much interested
in sex"
naisim - to make something nicer
suthan - right hand
givim bel - to love/make one pragnant(e.g husait givim bel long em?
meaning-who made her pregnant?)

Eric Hela
Morobe Consolidated Goldfields
Wau, Morobe Province. Papua New Guinea.