Plants & animals

John Burton John.Burton at anu.edu.au
Fri Sep 28 12:04:45 EST 2001

Tom, George

These are promising lists, but ...

Our old friend the "March Fly" is under blu lang casting doubt on the trail
of sources.

ambusa (dolphin) + bonon (dugong) - I have quizzed people at length over
what dolphins and dugongs were in TP, even when actually out at sea looking
at dolphins, but no luck. Who has heard these today?

demdem (snail) - I thought this was specifically the African giant snail
kutita/urita (octopus) - well which one? who says what where?
raba snek (leech) - good one! Who uses it?

There is a lot of work to do and I think we need some old geezers from the
bush, sea, lagoon to help us.

John Burton