Tok Pisin words with local meanings?

Mesulam Aisoli mva at lihir.com.pg
Thu Apr 4 07:10:52 EST 2002

Yes Suzanne, all are widely used in the New Guinea Islands Coastal people,
"harim" for obey, "kandere" for materna relatives, "wannem" for namesake,
"kaikai" for cargo, especially Trade Store Goods, or manufactured,and when
it comes to eating, we use "kaikai" as well, "kuskus" for a clerk,
secretaries or someone who travels with important politicians or managers.
"strong bilong graun" is also recognised as "ples daun" which means that any
wrong doings or mistakes cannot be easily avoided because we are part of the
"ples daun" therefore "strong bilong graun" would always win.

mesu.