The completive

BURTON John john.burton at tsra.gov.au
Tue Feb 19 10:07:33 EST 2002

And Derek Scarr's edited volume of Giles' memoirs as a ship captain
before 1877 have 'bin' in them.

Ross Clark's 1979 article in Te Reo presumably has the earliest
attestations he could find of this item in PPE. I can't check that
particular article just now though.

mm
--

Miriam Meyerhoff
Department of Theoretical and Applied Linguistics

ph (131) 651-1836
fax (131) 650-3962

http://www.ling.ed.ac.uk/~mhoff/