Fwd: RE: comments

EvaLindström evali at ling.su.se
Thu Jan 17 23:27:08 EST 2002

I agree with Eric, though I was quite close to where Craig Volker
was. The pronunciation I heard was 'manggi', i.e. with a 'g' sound
in there, but no 'k'.

The meaning was often 'children', also groups of mixed gender
(ol mangi); or young men. When used in the singular (wanpela
mangi) i think it would more often refer to a young male than to
a child, and at least not normally to a female child.

Eva