Fwd: Re: Fwd: RE: comments

Stephanie Garling sgarling at coombs.anu.edu.au
Fri Jan 18 11:03:54 EST 2002

"Fit" is also used by young (more so) and old in Tanga and Anir in New
Ireland Province, but is used to describe a range of good looking or
attractive things e.g. a nicely decorated bit of pottery or a picture of my
friend's baby were both described as "fit". You often hear "fit stret" (fit
steret...)