[Mihalic] retskin

pcotterell at global.net.pg pcotterell at global.net.pg
Sun Apr 25 12:22:40 EST 2004

"Retskin" was (I cannot comment about now) widely used on
Bougainville when I lived there mainly to refer to Papua New
Guineans other than Bougainvilleans themselves. I can't
rememeber it being used for Europeans nor to refer to any
particular skin tone - it was merely a term to differentiate
between "us" and "them". The Bougainvileans in my office
state that it is still widely used.

Peter Cotterell
Lae - Papua New Guinea