[Mihalic] Na wanem

John Burton johnellissenburton at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 27 11:13:46 EST 2004

Good point: 'Na wanem' = 'of course (it is, they are etc)', 'and what if it
is? / what if they are etc?'.

But perhaps these are all questions - rather emphatic retortive questions -
that eventually all mean 'So what?'.

Actually, one might also add that the shorter 'Na?' bears the same relation
to 'Na wanem?' that 'So?' bears to 'So what?'.

At least in our household, the teenager son is far more annoying when he
says 'So?' in response to some vital piece of trivia such as 'Ian Thorpe's
back in the 400m' or 'World War III could break out at any minute'.

All areas I surmise.

John Burton