[Mihalic] ukuk

Stuart Robinson Stuart.Robinson at mpi.nl
Tue Feb 15 01:07:54 EST 2005

Has anyone else come across the word "ukuk"? I didn't see it on the
Mihalic site. I came across it in the following sentence, which is a Tok
Pisin translation I was given for a Rotokas sentence in Bougainville:

Ukuk mangi ol antap tit bilong em i gro.

-Stuart

+ -----------------------------------------------------+
| Stuart Robinson <Stuart.Robinson at mpi.nl>             |
| Mailing Address: Max Planck Instituut                |
|                  Postbus 310                         |
|                  NL-6500 AH Nijmegen                 |
|                  The Netherlands                     |
| Phone Numbers: +31 (0)24 352 1282 (work)             |
|                +31 (0)24 352 1300 (fax)              |
|                +31 (0)64 854 6708 (mobile)           |
| WWW: www.mpi.nl/world/persons/profession/robstu.html |