[Mihalic] didiman and drai

Bryant Allen bryant.allen at anu.edu.au
Mon Nov 14 19:14:01 EST 2005

I am presently reading a thesis draft where the origin of the term didiman
(an agricultural extension officer) is given as Dr Bredemann, head of the
botanical gardens in Rabaul until 1914. The reference is Muhlhausler
(1975:108-109). I think perhaps this should be 1976. I realize everyone
probably knows this, but didiman is not listed on the web site and I
thought it might be useful to have the reference tp Peter's thesis stored
where ever it is JB stores them.

While I was in the Ds I looked at a few other entries. drai is missing one
meaning. It is used to refer to a female is who past menopause and no
longer fertile. E.g. Lapun meri em i drai pinis. Em i no inap long karim
pikinini.

Bryant

Dr Bryant Allen
Senior Fellow
Land Management Group
Department of Human Geography
Research School of Pacific and Asian Studies
The Australian National University
ACT 0200 Australia

ANU CRICOS Provider Number is 00120C