[Mihalic] didiman and drai

Robin Hide rhide at coombs.anu.edu.au
Mon Nov 14 20:00:21 EST 2005

At 07:14 PM 14/11/2005, Bryant Alllen wrote:

>I am presently reading a thesis draft where the origin of the term didiman
>(an agricultural extension officer) is given as Dr Bredemann, head of the
>botanical gardens in Rabaul until 1914. The reference is Muhlhausler
>(1975:108-109). I think perhaps this should be 1976. I realize everyone
>probably knows this, but didiman is not listed on the web site and I
>thought it might be useful to have the reference tp Peter's thesis stored
>where ever it is JB stores them.

No- the reference year is correct  it is 1975- its not to the thesis, but
to the very useful Notes and Documents article in JPH: (and the pages cited
are also correct)

Mühlhaüsler, P. 1975. The Influence of German Administration On New Guinea
Pidgin - a preliminary study. Journal of Pacific History, 10(3-4), 94-111.

Perhaps some of the article reappeared in the thesis also ?

Robin