[Mihalic] kam man, kam meri

Pat Gesch pgesch at dwu.ac.pg
Thu Feb 21 09:10:27 EST 2008

I feel this has always been part of my Tok Pisin repertoire. I must have
been introduced to it in Yangoru in the 1970s. Kamman as immigrant or
refugee seems to me a refusal of ownership on the part of the locals, or a
humble statement of gratitude for hospitality on the part of those who come.

       Pat Gesch

Dr Fr Patrick F Gesch SVD

Divine Word University

P O Box 483