[Mihalic] "Vaialens"

Robin Hide robin.hide at anu.edu.au
Wed Dec 16 10:43:45 EST 2009

More recent than Dickens...na mi iet mi bin pul long Lake BG...

"*Oarlock Height: *Vertical distance from the lowest point on the front
edge of the seat at the front stop position to the midpoint of the
oarlock shelf.  This determines the level of your hands during /the
*pull */phase of the stroke, when the blade is just buried.  If your
hand level is too low, you will not have room to maneuver and feather
your oar.  If it is too high, you will feel uncomfortable as *y/ou pull/
*through the water, and your oars may tend to wash out (come out of the
water prematurely) during the stroke.  An indicative oarlock height is
for your when set at the catch position, the rowers arms slope downwards
slightly at approximately 6 degrees."
http://www.sykes.com.au/content/view/57/43/

Robin Hide