[Nauty] Searching for automorphisms of only one colour

Christopher Jefferson caj at cs.york.ac.uk
Tue Oct 15 00:23:01 EST 2002

Hi!

First of all, (as I'm sure Brendan reads this list), thanks for a very
useful and speedy program! Its times like this that I am shocked at just
how much computers can do (with the help of good programmers and good maths
of course!)

My "problem" is that I have a coloured graph where the first "colour"
represents variables and the other coloured nodes represent various
relations. Stabilizing these other groups is quite easy, as the generators
for them are separate, so I just cut them out of the answer. While this
works quite well, I expect that if there as some way I could search for
only the automorphisms of one colour, things would go even faster!

Is there a way to do this, or simple alteration I could make to nauty to do
this?

Thanks in advance,

Chris