[Nauty] Error using nauty with more than 32 vertices?

Nick Penwarden penwan at rpi.edu
Tue Apr 13 15:50:02 EST 2004

I'm calling nauty in my program to determine if two graphs are
isomorphic. I am doing so by calling nauty once for each graph to get
the canonical sum of the graphs and then comparing them with the
testcanlab function. This works perfectly on graphs with <= 32 vertices,
but does not work properly for graphs with > 32 vertices. Sometimes it
segfaults and sometimes it just returns that the graphs are not
isomorphic when they in fact are.

I have defined MAXN as 64, and am passing n and m correctly to both
nauty and testcanlab. Any ideas?