[Nauty] Re: using nauty from C++

Rosen Zlatarski rsz12345678 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 12 19:53:01 EST 2004

Hello!
I am Rosen Zlatarski.
Unfortunately, I can not give you completed C++ code
for nauty. From my experience I concluded that this is
a hard problem which will take a long time. I
succeeded to run my program but when I make some
changes, usually I meet compatibility errors. One of
the reasons is that the implementation of iostream
library is not enough compatible with nauty. I worked
with VC 6. My advice is to use nauty C functions, for
example dred(), in different C source file. For dred()
is already done of course. I recommend to compile
nauty files then compile source files in your project
and link them with nauty object files. First of all,
you need to modify in nauty the #directives for
compatibility. If you are interested in VC I can send
you my files. There is a disadvantage, the #directives
for calculating the CPU time do not work.
Rosen

ROMAN BOBER <roman300178 at yahoo.com> [040211