[Nauty] [genrang] Regular graph

Sterten at aol.com Sterten at aol.com
Tue Jun 29 23:49:01 EST 2004

In einer eMail vom 29.06.2004 08:37:36 Westeuropäische Sommerzeit schreibt
chrome.nickel at wanadoo.fr:

Hello,

I want use nauty's tools to generate regular graph.  Genrang seems be able to
generate it with the "-r#" option where #  specifies the degree.

I don't know about genrang, but e.g.
geng -d3 -D3 16

generates all 3-regular graphs with 16 vertices

I have two questions :
1) What do you mean when you say that  the graph are regular? How genrang
produces this kind of  graph?

each vertex has the same number of neighbors

2)  The degree must be between 0 and 8. I never can use 8, genrang seems to
be
too long to produce this kind of graph. Is it normal? (0 to 7 is good and
fast).

If somebody can help me...

Thanks,

--