[Nauty] Signal 40

igor igor.mat at uni-mb.si
Tue Feb 8 04:01:01 EST 2005

Thank you sincerely for the help.

I've tried to do my homework, and now I also see that it is the
message from the operating system.  Our local (Slovene) version of
Fedora Linux writes "./a.out signal 40" while my supervisors
Debian gives even more signals (32,60) on really small graphs
(I'm talking about the automorphisms which fix the first vertex).
But in all cases NAUTY's output are correct automorphisms of my
graphs.

Unfortunately, my knowledge of Linux is very weak, so I have not
been able to experiment with *limit commands.  Also nobody at our
local help list had any idea how to use these commands. :(

So my (newbie) bypass of the problem is a procedure which checks
if NAUTY's output is correct, and since it is I'm now happy
while unable to check could it be even better.  So I'm writing
just to say thanks or to report more, if you find the problem
interesting for the general applications.

Best regards, igor