[Nauty-list] Problems installing nauty on Windows XP

Hyeyoun Chung hyeyoun at MIT.EDU
Wed Jun 14 02:08:13 EST 2006

Hello everybody,

I was wondering if somebody could help me out with installing nauty on
WindowsXP. I'm using Cygwin, and type the following commands:

cd nauty22

./configure

make

Everything goes fine until I get the following error message:

gcc -c -04 -march=i686 gtools.c

In file included from gtools.c:7:

Gtools.h:93: error: conflicting types for 'getline'

/usr/include/sys/stdio.h:31: error: previous declaration of 'getline' was
here

Gtools.h:93: error: conflicting types for 'getline'

/usr/include/sys/stdio.h:31: error: previous declaration of 'getline' was
here

Make: *** [gtools.o] Error 1

I'm a complete beginner with both Cygwin and nauty, and I would really
appreciate some help with this. Thanks in advance.

Hyeyoun