[Nauty-list] Problems installing nauty on Windows XP

Brendan McKay bdm at cs.anu.edu.au
Wed Jun 14 11:10:15 EST 2006

This is an error in the cygwin header files.  They declare the
GNU function getline() even though that is not a library function
in the C standard.  Such behaviour is illegal.

In the next version of nauty, I'll add a workaround.  Meanwhile,
edit the file gtools-h.in.  Just before the declaration of getline()
add this line:
#define getline gtools_getline

Now ./configure again, and the problem should have gone away.

Brendan.

* Hyeyoun Chung <hyeyoun at MIT.EDU> [060614 02:08]: