[Nauty-list] Understanding Nauty

Sandor Murakozi smurakozi+nauty at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 19:28:47 EST 2006

Hi,

In my java project I need to find the canonical form of directed
graphs. As my target platform is not fixed I can't use the nauty lib
(e.g. via JNI).
I did some search on the web and this mailing list, but it seems to me
that no one has ever implemented nauty in java, so I decided that I
will try.
I know it won't be an easy task, but hopefully I won't need a full
implementation, at least not in the first iteration: my graphs are
usually quite small (less then fifty vertices), so I think I can skip
some of the more sophisticated tricks and can implement a bit
simplified version first.
I've tried to understand the papers provided by Brendan, but it is not
that easy reading for me :-)
My question is if someone has a bit higher level description of the
algorithm (just to help me to understand the more heavyweight stuff)?
I found several references to a file "Isomorphism.pdf" by Noah
Giansiracusa, but unfortunately the file is not available on the given
URL.
Do any of you have this file (and willing to share it with me)?

Thanks in advance,
don