[Nauty-list] Understanding Nauty

Paul T. Darga pdarga at umich.edu
Wed Nov 29 00:36:25 EST 2006

On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 09:28:47AM +0100, Sandor Murakozi wrote:
> I know it won't be an easy task, but hopefully I won't need a full
> implementation, at least not in the first iteration: my graphs are
> usually quite small (less then fifty vertices), so I think I can
> skip some of the more sophisticated tricks and can implement a bit
> simplified version first.

Even the basic stuff is sophisticated, I'm afraid.

> I've tried to understand the papers provided by Brendan, but it is
> not that easy reading for me :-)

You're not the first to say that.

> My question is if someone has a bit higher level description of the
> algorithm (just to help me to understand the more heavyweight stuff)?

Try this stuff off my website.
http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~pdarga/sym.html

The presentation has a good overview; better than the paper
unfortunately.  You can also ask me off-list.

Paul

--
Paul T. Darga - pdarga at umich.edu - http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~pdarga/
"When I gave food to the poor, they called me a saint. When I asked