[Nauty-list] weighted graphs supported by nauty ?

Fedwa El-Mellouhi f.el.mellouhi at UMontreal.CA
Fri Feb 9 02:19:13 EST 2007

Dear nauty users,

I'm a new user and I intend to use nauty in order to study the
topology of atomic networks in semiconductors. I have some questions
about the use of nauty:

1- I'm beginner with graph theory, and I cannot figure out how to
construct the graph that will be used by nauty, this  is still
obscure for me. Is there any examples that I can use to help me
understand better the input format of nauty ?

2- For each graph,  vertices  represent my atoms and edges are
bonds,  note that distances and angles  between atoms are relevant
and  I must distinguish between graphs having different edge lengths
and angles.  My graphs are in principal not very complex, they should
contain at most 10 vertices.
I'm thinking of using weighted graphs but I I'm not sure if nauty
could handle efficiently weighted graphs or not ?. In addition, I
still don't understand how to write my graph as an input to nauty.

Could you  please clear out those points

Thanks in advance

Fedwa