[Nauty-list] shortg with a large number of inputs

Ken Ryan kjryan at bgsu.edu
Sat Oct 13 01:31:42 EST 2007

I observed that if a large set of graphs are given as an input shortg
crashes. shortg calls the unix sort utility and passes an input of graphs
in canonical form to the unix sort utility. If the number of graphs passed
to the unix sort utility is large then the unix sort utility crashes and
that causes shortg to crash. I was told by the system administrator that
there is a bottleneck due to the pipe being used to pass the input of
graphs to the unix sort utility. I was wondering if there is a fix to this
situation.  If needed, I will provide additional details ...

I really appreciate your time and help on my last few questions.

Regards,

Ken Ryan, Assistant Professor
Applied Statistics and Operations Research
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, Ohio 43403-0267
Phone: (419)372-2958
Fax: (419)372-2875