[Nauty-list] Minor comment typo & some "make checks" behavior

William Rummler w.a.rummler at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 17:59:13 EST 2008

Hi,

Just a minor typo in some macro comments, it seems: On line 576 of
nauty-h.in of nauty24b7, shouldn't "POPCOUNT(x)" be "FIRSTBIT(x)"?

Also for nauty24b7, on my [pretty much default] cygwin installation, I seem
to have to run "touch makefile" (or otherwise modify/save makefile) after
"./configure" and before "make checks" in order for "make checks" to avoid
the following error:

$ make checks
[ ... dreadtest compilation and tests ... ]
rm dreadtest.exe
rm: cannot remove `dreadtest.exe': Permission denied
make: *** [dreadtest] Error 1

(By the way, I did make sure the file permissions were all sensible.) If I
run "touch makefile" before I run "make checks", it can then remove the
executables for each test, and it works just fine.

I don't know if this is something that can be overcome on nauty's end.
(Would "touch makefile" (or something else) in a nauty-distributed script or
the like have the same positive effect as if the user manually entered the
command at his prompt?) Perhaps it's just an idiosyncrasy of my [again,
pretty much default] cygwin configuration? If it's the latter, then I don't
suppose there's anything to be done.

Not a big deal in either of the above cases, really :-)

--
_ William August Rummler
_ Graduate student, VCSK-6