[Nauty-list] Need some guidance

Abid Muslim Malik abidmuslim at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 07:09:37 EST 2009

Dear All:

I have some questions regarding using the nauty

1- Assume we have a graph with four nodes and each node has
different color. Then, is the following way is the right way to
represent it:

lab = ( 1, 2, 3, 4 ), ptn(0,0,0,0)

2-  Assume we have a graph with four nodes. Let node 1 has
color( say 1) and node 2, 3 and 4 have another color ( say 2).
 Then, is the following way is the right way to represent it for the nauty:

lab = ( 1, 2, 3, 4 ), ptn(0,1,1,0)

3- In order to produce/write to a file all canonical labels for a given
graph; do I have to initialize
a graph and give it to the procedure NAUTY ( the last parameter of the
procedure ). I am doing it but unable
to see the result in the file ( through options.file = THE FILE and
options.writemarkers= TRUE).

Thanks
--
Abid M. Malik
"I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant,

"If you do not think about the future, then you can not have the one!"---
Galsworthy