[Nauty-list] malfunction of listg

Susanne Nieß niess at ma.tum.de
Fri Mar 11 20:59:52 EST 2011

There is something curious going on with listg. I used it to bring
several big files that geng had made into a human readable format. When
I tried this on a 32 bit system (Solaris), the biggest input files all
gave output files of identical size, some of them ending in the middle
of a graph. When I tried it on a 64-bit system (Linux) to avoid this, I
did get files of different sizes, but the sizes of the outfiles were in
no way proportional to the sizes of the infiles. There was no error
message. What is happening here and what can I do to get sensible output?