[Nauty-list] weighted graph questions

Brendan McKay Brendan.McKay at anu.edu.au
Mon Aug 12 11:03:37 EST 2013

For some reason Slava's mail didn't reach me.

Greg's answer to question (1) is good.  Although several people have implemented this method for their own applications, I don't know of any general purpose code available.  Probably there should be.

Regarding (2), nothing is published but I'll give you the general idea.  The input is a
simple graph G.  First the automorphism group A of G is computed.  Then a list of
possible edge weightings is generated, and those weightings are output if they
are lexicographically minimal under A.  That is, a weighting w is output if there
is no automorphism a in A such that a(w) is lexicographically less than w.
The implementation is not good when the group is very large.

Brendan.