[Nauty] Embedding a 2-regular graph and canonical augmentation

Jernej Azarija jernej.azarija at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 21:20:06 AEDT 2015

Dear Brendan,

perhaps let me clarify with an example. Let G be the graph of order 60
represented by the sparse6 string

:{hApo}?@@O?GM?CAqq at EAEBo_WQCDCOooeGHDPOoaWMGRPxEMIDpp_uOMFqP`ASLGx_?CCBA at Oo
[OHDAp_s[NGCSaUcRIDQp[oXLEr`s{^OGSQLGdrH{aTPgsYLEbPgsYLEbPgsYLEbP

If we take A = {0,...,17} and B = {42,..,59} then the subgraph induced by A
\cup B in G is an independent set. I need to generate all graphs out of G
such that every vertex in A has precisely two neighbors in B and vice
versa. That's what I meant by embedding a 2-regular graph in (A,B)

As it turns out for this family of graphs B is an orbit of Aut(G).

Motivation. By embedding a 2-regular graph in (A,B) and (A',B) for A' =
{18,..,35} one would obtain a candidate for an induced subgraph of a
(162,21,0,1) SRG. Experiments suggest that  such graphs do not seem to
survive the pruning phase.

Best,

Jernej