[ANU Pacific.Institute] Wednesday 3 July workshop on French/francophone language/ culture in the Pacific

Peter Brown Peter.Brown at anu.edu.au
Wed Jul 3 08:17:14 EST 2013

Please find below details of a workshop I am organising tomorrow on French/francophone language/ culture in the Pacific. P.A.P Moran Building Lecture room 8 (behind Manning Clark Centre).

This is part of the LCNAU (Languages and Culture Network of Australian Universities) conference being held at the ANU (Manning Clark Centre and Moran Building).

I apologise for the very short notice. I have had to juggle with quite a few parameters.

10.00 - 11.00 Jo Lo Bianco (University of Melbourne): "Language policy trends across Oceania, generalities, particularities and prospects"
11.30 - 12.00 Jacques Vernaudon (University of French Polynesia): "Politique linguistique en Polynésie Française: entre français et langues océaniennes" (by skype)
12.00 - 12.30 Anne Freadman (University of Melbourne): "The concept of 'French studies' and the language-culture nexus"
12.30 - 1.00 Claire Kramsch (University of Berkeley, California): "Le concept de 'third place' dans la salle de classe"

3.30 - 4.00  Catherine Petillon (Director, Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie, Port Vila, Vanuatu): "Paysage linguistique au Vanuatu: nouveaux cursus francophones" (by skype)
4.30 - 5.00 Weniko Ihage (Director of Academy of Kanak Languages, New Caledonia): "Politique linguistique de l'Academie des Langues du pays plurilingue kanak"
4.00 - 4.30 Claire Colombel (University of New Caledonia): "Enfants océaniens, élèves français : les défis pluriculturels et plurilingues de l’école calédonienne"
5.00 - 5.30 Dominique Wolton (Director, Institut des sciences de la communication du CNRS, Paris): "Propositions pour une nouvelle Francophonie" (by skype)

Regards,

Peter