[ANU Pacific.Institute] Invitation to Laureate Project Reading and Writing Group on Wednesday 22 October

Katherine Lepani katherine.lepani at anu.edu.au
Thu Oct 16 10:49:17 EST 2014

Dear Pacific Institute Friends,
The next Reading/Writing Group session of the Laureate Project Engendering Persons, Transforming Things will be on Wednesday 22 October from 2:30-4:30 pm in the Talanoa Room, Coombs. We will be welcoming Frances Steele (visiting DECRA scholar from University of Wollongong) back to ANU and discussing some of her recent work on gender and domestic service and Pacific cruise ships.
Steel, Frances. White women's sexual/-ised agency on board transpacific passenger liners.
Steel, Frances, and Victoria Haskins. Indigenous houseboys and Asian ideals: domestic service in Darwin and Suva.
If you are interested in joining the discussion, please let me or Nicholas Mortimer know and we will send the readings to you.
katherine.lepani at anu.edu.au<mailto:katherine.lepani at anu.edu.au>
nicholas.mortimer at anu.edu.au<mailto:nicholas.mortimer at anu.edu.au>
Best,
Kathy

Dr Katherine Lepani
Senior Research Associate
Department of Gender, Media and Cultural Studies
School of Culture, History and Language
ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
Room 7234
H. C. Coombs Building (9)
Fellows Road
The Australian National University
Canberra ACT 0200
Australia

T +61 2 6125 4595
F +61 2 6125 4917
katherine.lepani at anu.edu.au<mailto:katherine.lepani at anu.edu.au>

Research Profile
https://researchers.anu.edu.au/researchers/lepani-km

Gender and Anthropology Node, ANU Gender Institute
http://genderinstitute.anu.edu.au/

ANU Pacific Institute
http://pacificinstitute.anu.edu.au/

Islands of Love, Islands of Risk: Culture and HIV in the Trobriands
http://www.vanderbiltuniversitypress.com/index.php/books/498/islands-of-love-islands-of-risk

http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/news-events/all-stories/islands-love-islands-risk