[Sailingclub] sec: unclassified AGM and other business

Warner, Grant MR Grant.Warner at defence.gov.au
Tue Mar 1 18:23:07 EST 2005

Hi All

In this edition of members information
	AGM
	House keeping issues
	Visit to Lake Wallagoot (March 19 & 20)

It is that time of the year when a new committee gets elected and they can
spend the winter organising the sailing for next season and spending the
budget

When  16 March

Time     8pm (or when the sailing finishes and after the food has been
cooked)

Place     Sailing Club

Agenda
    Apologies
    Minutes of 2004 AGM
    Matter arising from 2004 AGM
    Reports
        Commodore
        Treasurer
    Election of Office Bearers
	Executive
        Commodore
        Captain of Boats (vice-commodore)
	  Treasurer
	  Secretary

	General Committee
		Assistant Captain of Boats (vice-commodore)
	  	Assistant Treasurer
	  	Assistant Secretary
		Social Officer
		Windsurfing Officer
		Race officer
		Training officer
		Assistant Training officer
		Power Boat officer
		Webmaster
		Club House Officer
		5 General committee positions

	Other Matters

	Close

There will be food before, during after the AGM.

Nominations can be made to myself prior to the meeting.  If you are
interested in particular positions, talk to me or the committee person on
what it involves and how much time.

A couple of house keeping issues.

The change rooms are for storing your clothes in while sailing.  Can you
please leave bags and  clothes in the change rooms and not in and around the
bar. It helps people avoid climbing over them to get to the bar, fridge,
water etc.

When you have the pleasure of capsize and you come up with a choc top (mud
on the top of the sail), can you please clean the mast and the sail
afterwards.  Otherwise the mud becomes hard and can not be easily removed.

If you break gear (which is normal), can you please let me know so that I
can organise to fix it.

Care of sails and boats.  Please don't just throw the sails back in the
boat.
	Laser sails should be folded and placed in the cockpit.  It is not
necessary to untie the mainsheet from either the boom or the boat.

	Tasar sails should all be rolled.  The jib (front sail) should be
rolled from the bottom up, along the wire. The mainsail should be rolled
along the leach (back edge of the sail) so that the battens are square with
the roll.

Foils (rudder, centre board) should always be placed on the front (leading)
edge or laid flat in the boat.

Always drain the boats of all water from inside the cockpit and the tanks.
With the tasars and laser II, this will mean sponging the water out.  Water
left in the boats lead to rotting of the fibre glass.

The important thing is to keep the boats tidy as you could be the next user.

Coming regattas

Lake Wallagoot   This is coastal lake, in a national park, about halfway
between Merimbula and Tathra on the south cost (just west of Bega).  It is
about 3 hrs from Canberra via Cooma.  There are 4 races over the weekend
starting at 11am on the Saturday.

The racing is very relaxed and informal.  The lake is about 1.5km in
diameter and no more than 2m deep.  If you don't want to race but just go
sailing come along any way.  Accommodation is free and there is no power (
no radios or mobile phones).

I am going down along with at least 3 other Canberra sharpie crews.  A
couple of other YMCA boat come for the fun and one of club members should go
home to see mum and dad (who sail at the club)

If you would like to come, please see me. I may even be able to organise
ride on a sharpie for the weekend

thanks

Grant Warner

Captain of Boats