[ANU Sailing Club] Uni Games Transport - Need your help

Andrew Welch u4844926 at anu.edu.au
Mon Sep 2 21:04:35 EST 2013

Hi All

The Uni Games team is having difficulties with organising transportation to the Gold Coast this year. The Australian University Games is being held on the Gold Coast between September 30 and October 4.

Our current plan is to drive up, and with 7 attendees we will be taking two cars. Unfortunately due to roster changes we are running low on drivers and are now in a tight spot with four drivers in two cars each taking 7 hours of the journey each way. This is expensive as we are renting a car, and paying for 2 loads of fuel.

I am hoping that a club member or friend that owns or has access to a 8-seater van can help us out. With 7 members we will fit in a 8-person van and with 4 drivers we can have safe driving rotations. As a whole the team will be safer with less risk of fatigue-related accident, especially on the return drive. At this stage several team members have expressed concern over this risk.

Relevant Information

*         ANU SRA events operates on ANU corporate insurance so any incident involving the vehicle will be fully covered. I can provide more information on this.

*         I can provide driver profiles and team member profiles.

*         At the Gold Coast we will be parking in an underground hotel carpark. The drive to the event venue is approximately 5km, and will be day parking at a private yacht club.

*         We are currently planning and budgeting to rent a sedan, and would be willing to pay for the use and wear of an 8-seater van.

*         We would require a vehicle between Saturday 28 September and Saturday 5th October.

Please contact me on 0404 681 743 or u4844926 at anu.edu.au<mailto:u4844926 at anu.edu.au> if you think you know of an option for us.

Kind regards,

Andrew Welch
ANU Sailing Uni Games Team Member