[Aqualist] NEW seminar series @ ANU "The Quaternary Forum"

Simon Haberle simon.haberle at anu.edu.au
Fri Nov 2 14:38:43 EST 2007

Dear All,

For those who will be in Canberra next week this is an invitation to
attend the launch of a new seminar series "The Quaternary Forum". The
Forum will be held next Friday at 3pm-5pm in the Innovations Bld
theatre, cnr Eggelston and Garran Rds at ANU, and will be followed by
drinks in the foyer afterwards. Please pass this onto your regular
seminar email lists for those who may be interested.

The Quaternary Forum is a new seminar series supported through the
Centre for Archaeological Research that highlights Quaternary related
(palaeoenvironmental and archaeological) research in our region. This
will be a two hour meeting once a month where two or more speakers
will give talks based on relevant issues followed by discuss and
drinks. The venue is central to the main Quaternary research areas of
ANU (RSES, RSPAS, SRES and ADHope Blg). For How To Get There go to
http://campusmap.anu.edu.au/displaymap.asp?grid=cd32, Blg No.124,
Grid reference C3.

The programme is as follows:

3-3.30pm  Dr Richard Cosgrove Middle to Late Pleistocene Hominid
Settlement of China - Preliminary Results
3.30-4pm  Dr Patrick Moss Late Quaternary Environments of North
Stradbroke Island, South-Eastern Queensland, Australia
4-4.30pm  Dr Nicholas Porch  Prospects for Fossil Insect Analysis in
Indo-Pacific Archaeology and Palaeoecology
4.30-5pm onwards Discussion and drinks

You can check updates of the 2007 CAR Seminar Series on our website
at http://car.anu.edu.au/seminars.html.  If you are interested in
participating in future Forums , please contact car at anu.edu.au or
phone 6125 3373 or x0470

Cheers, Simon