[Aqualist] 2017 AGM is 31st May at UNSW

Scott Mooney s.mooney at unsw.edu.au
Thu May 4 14:10:22 AEST 2017

Dear AQUA Community,

The 2017 AQUA AGM will be held UNSW (room 543 in the Bioscience Building D26) on Wednesday 31st May at 2pm (Australian Eastern Standard Time; UTC+10.00). The entire meeting will be about 30 minutes (or less).

We encourage participation in the AGM and need to have a quorum of 10% of members to vote in a new committee, so we appreciate the time of all those that can attend, either in person, electronically (by Skype) or via proxy. If you want to attend physically please email me (s.mooney at unsw.edu.au) and I will send you directions. If you are not able to attend physically, but want to participate, you can send a proxy vote (you must use the form below) or you can Skype in to the meeting (if you would like to be included in the Skype call please email Emily Field e.field at uq.edu.au<mailto:e.field at uq.edu.au> and add emily.watson99 to your contact list well before the meeting).

This is also an open call for anyone that would like to be considered for any of the committee positions. For the past couple of years we have been using 'shadow' positions and a number of those have stepped up into committee roles…. so we have the option of adding new ‘shadows’. If you are interested in participating, in any way, please let one of us know.

Agenda for the AGM

1. Attendance /Apologies
2. Proxies
3. Minutes of the 2016 Annual General Meeting
4. President’s Annual Report
5. Treasurer’s report and Financial Statement
6. Confirmation of the annual subscription/joining fee
7. Election of members of the Executive Committee
President
Vice-President
Secretary (must be an Australian)
Treasurer (preferably an Australian)
Editor of Publications (QA)
Information Technology Editor
Ordinary members
8. Discussion re the 2018 AQUA Biennial Meeting (as per previously circulated email)
9. Discussion re nomination for a future INQUA meeting.
10. Any Other Business.

Close of AGM and beginning of a Special General Meeting

SGM Agenda

1.      Life Members in AQUA

Note: AQUA can only change its’ Constitution ("The Rules”) by Special Resolution of a general meeting of the Association. A Special Resolution is passed if at least 75% of members vote in favour.

Special Resolution: to change our Constitution to alter the section under “10 Membership categories” as follows:
A Life member is a person who has made an outstanding contribution to Quaternary Studies over a substantial period of years or who has provided exceptional long-term service and support to the Association. A Life membership is proposed by the Committee and must be approved by a general meeting. Life members are not expected to pay fees and may choose to receive any publications produced by the Association. A Life membership cannot be proposed if the number of Life members exceeds 5 percent of the total number of members. A Life member remains a member of the Association for life, unless he or she resigns in accordance with rule 16(1).

Note: SM will propose the motion to delete the struck-through text and speak in support of this Special Resolution.

2. If the Special Resolution is carried then the Committee will nominate Matt McGlone as a Life Member of the AQUA.

 Close of the SGM

If you wish to appoint a proxy for the 2017 AQUA AGM/SGM you must complete this statement and send it to Scott Mooney s.mooney at unsw.edu.au<mailto:s.mooney at unsw.edu.au> or Emily Field e.field at uq.edu.au<mailto:e.field at uq.edu.au>. It must be received by one of these two people no later than 24 hours before the commencement of the meeting.

I, (name) _________________________________of (address)_________________________________________________ being a member of AQUA Inc. appoint:

[page1image11944] Scott Mooney (President of AQUA)
OR
[page1image11944] (name) ________________________________of (address) __________________________________________________

as my proxy to vote on my behalf at the Annual General Meeting/Special General Meeting of the Association, to be held on 31 May 2017 and at any adjournment of this meeting.

*1. This form authorises the proxy to vote on my behalf on all matters.

OR

*2.  This form authorises the proxy to vote on my behalf on the following matters only: [Specify the matters and any limitations on the manner in which you want the proxy to vote].

*Delete paragraph 1 or 2, whichever does not apply.

A/Prof Scott Mooney FIAG

Deputy Head of School
School of BEES
Faculty of Science
UNSW AUSTRALIA

T: +61 (0) 2 9385 8063
E:  s.mooney at unsw.edu.au<mailto:s.mooney at unsw.edu.au>
W: http://www.bees.unsw.edu.au/staff/scott-mooney
P: School of BEES, UNSW, 2052 AUSTRALIA

CRICOS Provider Code: 00098G
[cid:E62B4153-B2F9-4FC5-81C2-4E3133D0B7CB]