[Aqualist] 2-year postdoc/lecturer in palaeoecology at the University of Melbourne

Michael Fletcher michael.fletcher at live.com.au
Thu Feb 25 15:16:49 AEDT 2021

Hi AQUA People,

I have an exciting opportunity for the right person!

We are looking for a postdoc/lecturer for the next 2 years (with the potential for an extension beyond this) starting ASAP. The successful person would run our lab and projects, and have some light teaching responsibilities (a 4 week 1st year science/geography block and co-supervision of a biogeography field intensive).

Position: Full time Postdoc/Lecturer Level A – 2 years

Salary: $89,712 p/a plus 9.5% superannuation ($98,235 p/a total package)

Start date: ASAP

Role:

Based at the prestigious University of Melbourne, the successful candidate will run the well-equipped palaeoecology/palynology laboratory. Developing existing research projects (analysis and writing of existing data, and development of new datasets), conducting fieldwork, running the daily function of the laboratory, co-supervising RHD students and doing a small amount of teaching in Geography and Science (a small block of 1st year teaching and co-supervision of a field intensive class to Tasmania).

Given the COVID world we live in, the person must  currently be in Australia or New Zealand.

Essential qualities/skills:

- has a PhD

- experience in pollen and charcoal analysis

- good and current publishing track record

- excellent writing skills

- analytical skills (stats, plotting, etc.)

- excellent work ethic

- independence

- knowledge of Australian ecosystems

- broad knowledge of 1st year level geography

Desired qualities/skills:

- teaching/tutoring experience

- experience and capability in remote fieldwork

If you are interested, please send me your academic CV, two academic referees and a brief statement that speaks to the essential and desired qualities/skills above.

Please pass this around to your networks.

Cheers,
Michael.

Associate Professor Michael-Shawn Fletcher

Assistant Dean (Indigenous) | Faculty of Science

Director (Research Capability) | Indigenous Knowledge Institute

Associate Investigator | Centre of Excellence for Australian Biodiversity and Heritage (CABAH)

School of Geography | The University of Melbourne

Room 2.09, Level 2, 221 Bouverie Street, Parkville VIC 3010<x-apple-data-detectors://7/0>

p. +61 3 90353048<tel:+61%203%2090353048> | e. michael.fletcher at unimelb.edu.au<mailto:michael.fletcher at unimelb.edu.au> | tw. @theotheroad @Melb_Palaeo

[flag]  Wiradjuri

http://michaelsresearch.wordpress.com/<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/hApECANZ0ohN7N3Z3SG5uus?domain=michaelsresearch.wordpress.com> | http://geography.unimelb.edu.au/ | https://findanexpert.unimelb.edu.au/display/person6089 | https://epicaustralia.org.au/<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/gqZ2CBNZkph7E79D9F6x3No?domain=epicaustralia.org.au>