[Easttimorstudies] 2004 census results needed

John MacDougall johnmacdougall at comcast.net
Fri Sep 22 08:58:24 EST 2006

Like so many others, I also long for a copy of the 2004 TL census.
In this message I just posted to the east-timor-studies list I moderate

there are working links to the best of what I can find available online.
Best I can tell, the UNPFA site is hopeless as a TL census source.
I searched it and came up with a list of available documents --
none of which was the census.

The US Census Bureau was somewhat better.  From its searchable
online database of international census, specially generated tables
on 'East Timor' may be displayed.  But the variables available are
only a few common ones used often by demographers.  See

Someone must have it all on disk.  Maybe.  Perhaps.

Best
John
johnmacdougall at comcast.net