[TimorLesteStudies] East Timor Spatial Data

gbouma at optusnet.com.au gbouma at optusnet.com.au
Thu Jan 11 10:03:16 EST 2007

Dear List Members,

1.  In 2000/01 the Australian Military undertook aerial photography of East Timor.  This data has since been unclassified and presented to the Government of Timor Leste.  Does anybody know which Agency in the Govt of Timor Leste has ownership of this spatial data and to whom enquiries for release of the data should be addressed to?  This data is unavailable from the owners in Australia.

2.  I have been working collaboratively on assessing ground cover change in East Timor for 1989 and 1999, the results which were published in 2004 (Natural Resources Forum 28, 2004 pp1-12).  I am also enquiring if anybody knows if any land cover assessments have been undertaken using satellite data post Independence?

Any information on these queries is appreciated.

With regards

George Bouma