[TimorLesteStudies] Call for papers: Timor-Leste panel(s) at the Asian Studies Association of Australia conference, Melbourne, 1-3 July 2008

Michael Patrick Leach michael.leach at deakin.edu.au
Mon Apr 7 14:46:37 EST 2008

Dear List members,

We have already received a strong response to the call for papers for
a Timor-Leste stream at the 17th biennial Asian Studies Association
of Australia (ASAA) conference.

Plus, I have just learned that ASAA has extended the call for papers
until 16 April 2008. So its not too late to join in!

The conference will be hosted by the Monash Asia Institute, and held
at the Sebel Albert Park Hotel in Melbourne, 1-3 July 2008.

Information on the conference is available here
http://www.conferenceworks.net.au/asaa/index.php

CALL FOR PAPERS ON TIMOR-LESTE:

If you would like to present a paper in the Timor-Leste panel(s) at
ASAA, you will need to:

1. Submit your abstract via the ASAA site, by 16 April 2008. The
submission link is here:
http://www.conferenceworks.net.au/asaa/submit_abstracts.php

2. Enter the following panel details in the ASAA abstract submission form:
    * Panel Theme: Timor-Leste
    * Panel convener: Dr Michael Leach
    * Convenor's Organisation: Timor-Leste Studies Association
    * Convenor's email: michael.leach at deakin.edu.au
    * Convenor's Phone: (03) 9244 3923
3. Finally, please email your abstract to:
<michael.leach at deakin.edu.au>. This will allow us to organise the
papers into thematic panels, as requested by the ASAA.

Looking forward to seeing many of you there!

regards

Michael, for the TLSA

Dr. Michael Leach
Senior Research Fellow
Institute for Citizenship and Globalisation
Faculty of Arts and Education, Deakin University
221 Burwood Hwy, Burwood, VIC 3125 Australia
Ph.:(61-3) 9244 3923 Fax: (61-3) 9244 6755
Email: michael.leach at deakin.edu.au
www.deakin.edu.au/icg