[TimorLesteStudies] Inaugural NSW Timor-Leste Forum "Building Collaborative Partnerships for Timor-Leste" Forum July 14th 2012

Mary Waterford eo at wscf.org.au
Tue Jul 10 12:39:04 EST 2012

Dear ETS,
Could this be put on the East Timor Studies website please - I thought the information had been sent previously but I note it isn't there so my apologies. While it is late to get attendees (we have 120 registered) it will be a good record so that others can contact us for papers afterwards.
http://www.uws.edu.au/ics/events/timor_leste_forum
x Mary

The Inaugural NSW Timor-Leste Forum "Building Collaborative Partnerships for Timor-Leste" Forum will take place in Parramatta on Saturday, 14 July 2012, 10am-5pm at University of Western Sydney, Parramatta Campus. http://www.uws.edu.au/ics/events/timor_leste_forum

The Forum is a partnership between the Blue Mountains East Timor Sisters & the University of Western  Sydney's Institute for Culture and Society, Sustainability and Social Research Group.

We are pleased to have Ms Kirsty Sword Gusmao, Former First Lady of Timor-Leste and Goodwill Ambassador for Education, Director of Alola Foundation, to provide the key-note address. We also have speakers from a range of backgrounds including Timor-Leste friendship and support groups, academics and a spokesperson from AUSAID.

The aim of this forum is to create a space for dialogue between organisations and community groups that have experienced the challenges of and developed expertise in collaborating with Timor-Leste communities. The forum will facilitate the exchange of different perspectives and practices, and offers the opportunity for those committed to change in Timor-Leste to identify collaborative initiatives between government aid agencies, researchers and community organisations currently involved in the provision of aid in the country.

Through attendees' participation in the workshops, the forum aims to generate constructive dialogues and debates about how best to optimise the multifarious existing supporting efforts. It will promote the sharing of ideas and experience between Australian NGOs, community groups, government aid bodies and academics working with Timor-Leste NGOs and communities.

Full registration for waged: $65 and concession: $45

We have attached a flyer and more information about the forum.

To register please copy and paste the following into your web-browser:
https://www.conferenceonline.com/index.cfm?page=booking&object=conference&id=16951&categorykey=1C6F1976%2D5F54%2D4AA1%2DA1DE%2D3C7BDA049449&clear=1

Mary for
Blue Mountains East Timor Sisters Project
Email:  eo at wscf.org.au<mailto:eo at wscf.org.au>
Website: www.bmets.org.au<http://www.bmets.org.au>