[TimorLesteStudies] TLSA conference: Registration and updates

Hannah Loney h.loney at student.unimelb.edu.au
Thu Apr 16 17:09:36 AEST 2015

TIMOR-LESTE: THE LOCAL, THE REGIONAL AND THE GLOBAL

Liceu Campus, National University of Timor-Lorosa’e (UNTL), Avenida Cidade
de Lisboa, Dili, Timor-Leste

9 – 10 July 2015

Just a few updates & reminders on the 2015 conference in Dili:

*Conference Program*

  *   The organising committee is pleased to announce that we have received
more than 150 abstracts! It promises to be another exciting conference in
Dili. If you have not yet received confirmation of acceptance of your paper
proposal, please email: tlsa_2015 at tlsastudies.org

  *   We expect to distribute the first draft of the program by the end of
May.

*Conference Sponsors & Partners*

  *   Alongside the regular support of the National University of Timor
Lorosa’e (UNTL), Swinburne University of Technology and the Technical
University of Lisbon, the TLSA gratefully acknowledges the active support
of The Presidency of the Republic of Timor-Leste for the 2015 conference.

*Registration*

  *   See details here:
http://www.tlstudies.org/ConferenceEng2015.html#register

  *   Internationals: All international delegates should submit their
completed registration forms by Friday 19 June. Internationals may either
pre-pay using the registration form, or pay at the registration desk in
Dili on 9 July. (Write “pay in Dili” at the payment section of the
registration form if that is your intention.)

  *   East Timorese nationals: please register at the registration desk on
9 July. You can confirm your attendance before the conference by emailing:
Alarico da Costa Ximenes, UNTL. Email: alaricodacosta at rocketmail.com

*Conference Publication*

  *   As with the 2009, 2011 and 2013 TLSA conferences, we will publish a
peer-reviewed, 4-language conference proceedings publication, which will be
distributed free to East Timorese universities and libraries. Your TLSA
conference registration fees and the support of our partners make this
possible.

  *   See the 2013 conference proceedings here:
http://www.tlstudies.org/index.html

  *   Please note that full written papers are not due until after the
conference, usually in September.

*General information on panel sessions*

  *   Each panel session will be 90 minutes in total:

  *   Each presenter will have 20 minutes in a three-speaker panel; or 15
minutes in a four-speaker panel (60 mins)

  *   There will question and discussion time after that (30 mins)

  *   Powerpoint facilities will be available at the conference.

We look forward to seeing you all in Dili in July!

Hannah Loney

for the TLSA