[TimorLesteStudies] Resending: Portuguese language classes in Canberra

Anya Dettman adettman at nla.gov.au
Wed Apr 20 13:46:22 AEST 2016

(Resending as original email had display issues. Please let me know if this problem continues)

This may be of interest to Canberra-based members of the Timor-Leste studies group - please also circulate to others who may be interested.

ANU's Continuing Education Centre will offer a beginner's evening course Portuguese from April 28. Unlike most other Portuguese courses that have been offered in Canberra, this will not be Brazilian Portuguese but European Portuguese, which is the variant most used in Timor-Leste. As Portuguese is being increasingly used in Timor it may be useful for members who visit/work there to learn a little. A course outline is at this link:

http://www.anu.edu.au/cce/languages/portuguese/outlines/Beginningportuguese1.php

There may also be some flexibility regarding day of class (Wednesday or Thursday). I am interested in doing this course. I spoke to the Centre and they said if there is a group booking (at least 5 people) they may be able to give us a discount. In any case there are discounts for seniors, pensioners, health care card holders, and people on unemployment benefits, ANU staff and Alumni. So if anyone else is interested, please let me know and we could approach the Centre. My contact details are below. Or enrol directly, as the course will not proceed unless there are at least 5 people enrolled.

Regards,
Anya
Anya Dettman -  East Timor and Asian Special Collections Librarian | Overseas Collection Development  |  National Library of Australia | Canberra ACT 2600
T: (02) 6262 1248