[TimorLesteStudies] Seminar on Timorese History at UNTL Campus Liceu, Thursday 4pm 28 April

Michael Leach mleach at swin.edu.au
Wed Apr 27 17:38:50 AEST 2016

Zelda Grimshaw, a PhD candidate who has conducted a great many interviews in Timor-Leste for her PhD research will be presenting a seminar on Thursday afternoon on the topic 'Conflicted History: Legacies of the Resistance in Timor-Leste’, All those with a particular interest in Timorese history, particularly the occupation period, are welcome.

The seminar will be in English with the possibility for questions and discussion in Tetum or English. The seminar it is scheduled to take place at the Auditorium, Campus Liceu at 4.00pm, Thursday 28th April.

If you are a visiting researcher and would like to present a seminar while you are in Timor-Leste please let me know. These seminars are presented under the auspices of the UNTL Office for Co-operation, with the support of the Pro-Rector, Professor Eduardo Serrao. If you know of other visiting researchers who are in Timor-Leste or who are preparing to come here and would like to be on the visiting researchers list please let me know. We also hope to get a Chapter of the Timor-Leste Studies Association (TLSA) set up in Dili soon to facilitate presentations by UNTL staff and academics from other universities and institutions in Timor-Leste. Apologies for the late notice - Helen

Dr Helen M. Hill,
Dili, Timor-Leste
+670 7728 3335