[TimorLesteStudies] John Braithwaite's new website: War, crime and regulation

John Braithwaite john.braithwaite at anu.edu.au
Wed Jun 22 17:14:54 AEST 2016

Updates from blog on war, crime and regulation from Prof. John Braithwaite.

Email not displaying correctly? View it https://sg-mktg.com/MTQ2NjU3OTY5M3w4OXVfeDRESFFGdDd3M0pXYkNxR3FfOGRlUVZ3WEcyM0c0Y1VYN1NHdHIyRDNPYmY5Zk5obmVNN3I5VTRlUktRV3hOV1NVT2tSMURQNUliZHVnWmhmTExEN2dHdV9kZWhaYUZvb3FLMHdvcXZpSDJJRjBYUTVyY1lleWE5ZzRZb002bDUyUnVoT21XaE1lMlBraG5OWTBJQzlKWGNreERXMl9KR2lhblNaREQ3d25CZ25hdHQxMGtVQjZsd2h0a0hqUEdrOFM3RW5sNDRmZ3dUTldXNlB4WV9DTzNNTDNjeEFWWUNfVi1VaXZGTmQ1M2hpVkwxQkNhdEVWWkxRaVJyYU1OMUNlOVV8UKau8mjHQ6oZuO_6bKvbWOuvGZYTr-HQrBV8DFRDPMQ= in your browser.

http://johnbraithwaite.com

Monthly update on war, crime and regulation

Hi,   I have recently set up a new website http://johnbraithwaite.com on my research focus of war, crime and regulation at: http://johnbraithwaite.com   War | Crime | Regulation http://johnbraithwaite.com includes a weekly blog on new developments that I consider important to transforming these institutions. The blog will also include updates on my new publications.   If you’ve received this email, you would have signed up to my mailing list in the past. If this is a mistake, you can unsubscribe here https://u2235562.ct.sendgrid.net/asm/unsubscribe/?user_id=2235562&data=5JUL1LWnD9_0RgFLpCXulfMBWsH8QtchYdjtz9teWPXsw301S_okUTIuG_Ma9quYX0yPN7qfcdiu9Yu91fBrJcd9W0qn4SxXKUXdIkyGtyHr8N3Ip9dR2qK6zPP6gt6Om3i1dqwjpUyojYOJFwQ4g07M3aosg_KvBCdtd5Eogowvk47ygpUshgJHlM1MWKVaNw7yHUS1pj4lGYEDVyXoUr_rXlk_TeqI0rDyRnLQYBdPQt9scQ0HbNztLk934beghnIjcg5n_NPJlm71uXZndP0gZRj7JClAyhT-lBM5VrF3C4HEpLKcvRmb9f_tzHAesx4wIzB4bfIMWQAult3vXlCSY7cXrAD_M0L8XhtoharzvS9THXNdrqCFRkE8A3VYR__fdhuTRgvQAwcMqT2YCYVBTe2I66OMiO5lu8OotRJVoLu--GDHnhvyqzH5E8AIyFVpnoYRyLGLZw3K8bax6n7MFOdqbBCGg2d5RUMsyGVWUNuL7qwHvkNr8xOd7acX2I-JRaWu0HKzcfnk5Y6QKxCpaQcG4GmkkQLKu8v6-qQbLd662NU6kDqT4_7g1MHq7c_WNY6NXGx47PnpOZCBK7Rnk2b0Qt2G93jZhNsXgGVigMmqZY5ukAl66aGwUssd.    But if you would like to continue to get updates from me via email, please re-opt-in by visiting this subscription page on my website http://johnbraithwaite.com/subscribe/, and also adding me to your address book. You’ll get a maximum of one email like this a month for the next year, and twice a year after that. I hope you'll continue to stay in touch!   Please share the new War | Crime | Regulation http://johnbraithwaite.com website and blog with your friends and colleagues. Do get back to me with feedback or comments about what you'd like to see addressed on the blog – and what you think of my first posts.   Cheers,   John Braithwaite RegNet http://regnet.anu.edu.au, ANU http://anu.edu.au/, Canberra, Australia johnbraithwaite.com   Subscription link to share: johnbraithwaite.com/subscribe

RECENT BLOG POSTS

http://johnbraithwaite.com/2016/04/05/responding-to-family-violence-and-institutional-violence-new-australian-developments/

Responding to family violence and institutional violence: New Australian developments   Australian governments have so often been an international embarrassment to its citizens in recent times. On family and institutional violence, in contrast, they […]

http://johnbraithwaite.com/2016/04/20/transitional-justice-for-karadzic/

"Transitional justice" for Karadzic?   The conviction of Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic for genocide in Srebrenica, among other crimes, is a step toward justice after war. Yes, many populists […]

READ MORE http://johnbraithwaite.com/2016/04/05/responding-to-family-violence-and-institutional-violence-new-australian-developments/

READ MORE http://johnbraithwaite.com/2016/04/20/transitional-justice-for-karadzic/

http://johnbraithwaite.com/2016/04/24/lest-we-forget-wal-dick-and-joyce/

Lest we forget Wal, Dick and Joyce   Today, 25 April, I give the Call to Remembrance at the site of the Sandakan prison camp. From this site the terrible war crime of the Sandakan Death March […]

http://johnbraithwaite.com/2016/05/04/new-evaluation-of-responsive-regulation/

New evaluation of responsive regulation   New ANU Faculty Dr Hai Wu and Dr Stanley Choi recently presented a RegNet seminar on the effectiveness of responsive regulation in securities regulation […]

READ MORE http://johnbraithwaite.com/2016/04/24/lest-we-forget-wal-dick-and-joyce/

READ MORE http://johnbraithwaite.com/2016/05/04/new-evaluation-of-responsive-regulation/

​ RESEARCH THEMES

War, crime and regulation are the focus of my research. How do we prevent war? How do we prevent crime? How do we make regulation work to prevent domination, the collapse of ecosystems or financial systems?   We can see these questions as connected. Why are war and crime connected? Because the prevention of war makes a considerable contribution to the prevention of crime and the prevention of crime contributes to the prevention of war. Domination is a factor in the onset of both war and crime. Regulatory institutions that humble power are the path that interests me to societies with less war, less crime and less domination.    War and crime are the most acute forms of domination that exist. They are phenomena that cascade from hot spot to hot spot. Often they cascade into each other and into more structural forms of domination.   Click on these buttons to read more: ​

RESEARCH THEMES http://johnbraithwaite.com/about-research/

PUBLICATIONS BY SUBJECT http://johnbraithwaite.com/publications-by-subject/

PUBLICATIONS BY YEAR http://johnbraithwaite.com/publications-by-year/

http://johnbraithwaite.com/

John Braithwaite ANU College of Asia and the Pacific, Coombs Extension, Building #8, ANU Acton,  2601 Australia   Unsubscribe https://u2235562.ct.sendgrid.net/asm/unsubscribe/?user_id=2235562&data=5JUL1LWnD9_0RgFLpCXulfMBWsH8QtchYdjtz9teWPXsw301S_okUTIuG_Ma9quYX0yPN7qfcdiu9Yu91fBrJcd9W0qn4SxXKUXdIkyGtyHr8N3Ip9dR2qK6zPP6gt6Om3i1dqwjpUyojYOJFwQ4g07M3aosg_KvBCdtd5Eogowvk47ygpUshgJHlM1MWKVaNw7yHUS1pj4lGYEDVyXoUr_rXlk_TeqI0rDyRnLQYBdPQt9scQ0HbNztLk934beghnIjcg5n_NPJlm71uXZndP0gZRj7JClAyhT-lBM5VrF3C4HEpLKcvRmb9f_tzHAesx4wIzB4bfIMWQAult3vXlCSY7cXrAD_M0L8XhtoharzvS9THXNdrqCFRkE8A3VYR__fdhuTRgvQAwcMqT2YCYVBTe2I66OMiO5lu8OotRJVoLu--GDHnhvyqzH5E8AIyFVpnoYRyLGLZw3K8bax6n7MFOdqbBCGg2d5RUMsyGVWUNuL7qwHvkNr8xOd7acX2I-JRaWu0HKzcfnk5Y6QKxCpaQcG4GmkkQLKu8v6-qQbLd662NU6kDqT4_7g1MHq7c_WNY6NXGx47PnpOZCBK7Rnk2b0Qt2G93jZhNsXgGVigMmqZY5ukAl66aGwUssd | Update Preferences https://u2235562.ct.sendgrid.net/asm/?user_id=2235562&data=_j7scINf0voh_84cwYNuoEEDwfGQ_DgyJ1FHtMOU5LRtAoOfaxIte12k88j1R5qhFndXxzTcM3-tHabAyw_fWTVHQ_HLt3vZzuzPVfbR_hIlTyUGJriBfsOwFUJ9NRfacpG6jWQigvAzIQSjfL77cRFd3TvRSN7QomP3trKTIT6ZwCbwnBHDmDUXqEaoXG8A9JuOyIdzQyQognXrymmaqazKEy8zEC74EvMKX1mSOY1qTSNQeAdJSJyAOqkmqWhR45Hem639psKqtBWA6QC8AKcxGB8TknCfXmFH6cZDszlP4tfQTafcWpEMkjWKvHmKznTEyzcl5Tmd-4RVljlHjBacNuAQPbFFO5heeH_OwQ2nlKd7HxloYzkfqVwFCGdK7SfNwe5T5qiUmXKgz0hqXRdGqEAvFK1DLEvg9w-hNgg-0k4_cI-7QoD6n8-dhQ-MzEkId5IzlB_L0kw5zh4k3aXBezDoDenrIqTQrzUNUxy8G1sFYOTQyRfy8LTrpMsBUOKp-AGWMr0PAH0G4Y7JjTeYxfnVMvEVdPL82k01oVRb9OPZUhKaG2XSQaRDFqjRQlpEDKmlHZW3JmWWIu9ODbfaCod-9_LvNdNIZh2KiTQ=