[TimorLesteStudies] Call for papers - Timor Leste panels at 2018 Asia Studies Association of Australia conference

Hannah Loney loneyh at unimelb.edu.au
Wed Oct 18 11:36:53 AEDT 2017

________________________________
From: Vannessa Hearman
Sent: Monday, 16 October 2017 5:12 PM
To: easttimorstudies at anu.edu.au<mailto:easttimorstudies at anu.edu.au>
Subject: Call for papers - Timor Leste panels at 2018 Asia Studies Association of Australia conference

Call for papers - TIMOR LESTE PANEL/S at the Asian Studies Association of Australia (ASAA) conference, University of Sydney, 3-5 July 2018

Hello all!

The Timor-Leste Studies Association (TLSA) plans to host at least one panel at the Asian Studies Association of Australia (ASAA) conference, showcasing current research on Timor-Leste. The ASAA biennial conference is the largest regular gathering of Asia scholars in the Southern hemisphere. It’ll be a great opportunity for us to increase the profile of our research and the TLSA.

If you are interested in presenting your work, please send in your 150-word abstracts and a short bio (less than 100 words), please email Dr Vannessa Hearman, School of Creative Arts and Humanities at Charles Darwin University, vannessa.hearman at cdu.edu.au<mailto:vannessa.hearman at cdu.edu.au>. Expressions of interest close 31 October 2017.

Panels consist of four papers of 15 minutes’ duration. Please note that participation is limited to once only during the conference. Unfortunately, the TLSA cannot provide funding for travel and registration.

More information on the conference here: https://sydney.edu.au/sydney-southeast-asia-centre/events/Asian-Studies-Association-of-Australia-Conference-2018.html.

Regards,
Vannessa

Dr Vannessa Hearman
Lecturer in Indonesian Studies
Southeast Asia regional councillor, Asian Studies Association of Australia

School of Creative Arts and Humanities
T: +61 8 8946 7044
E: vannessa.hearman at cdu.edu.au<mailto:vannessa.hearman at cdu.edu.au>
W: cdu.edu.au<http://cdu.edu.au/>
[CDU logo]
CHARLES DARWIN UNIVERSITY
Darwin, Northern Territory 0909 Australia
CRICOS Provider No. 00300K (NT/VIC) I 03286A (NSW) | RTO Provider No. 0373

Charles Darwin University acknowledges the traditional custodians across the lands on which we live and work, and we pay our respects to Elders both past and present.