[TimorLesteStudies] Timor-Leste Studies Initiative online workshop

David Webster dwebster at ubishops.ca
Wed Jun 3 09:47:16 AEST 2020

Conferences have been cancelled all around the world. The Association for Asian Studies meeting scheduled fro March 2020 was no exception. Unfortunately, this also meant the cancellation of the Timor-Leste Studies Initiative pre-conference workshop.

But the workshop goes on, online. On June 1 we opened a  virtual workshop with one paper spotlighted per day and open for comments, questions and discussion. This is not a live event, it is asynchronous - meaning that a new paper is posted each day and remain open for comment. We decided this gives everyone in time zones around the world a chance to take part. Presenters are in Timor-Leste, other parts of Asia, Europe and North America. You can check out the presenters and abstracts at https://tlstudiesinitiative.org/tlsi-workshop-online-2/

The workshop is a closed event, but those in Timor-Leste studies who are interested in taking part can ask for access by e-mailing Susanna Barnes of the University of Saskatchewan at susanna.barnes at usask.ca<mailto:susanna.barnes at usask.ca>. We look forward to hearing your thoughts!

The TLSI is also conducting a survey to help determine how we can best help promote Timor-Leste studies. List members are invited to share thoughts on our survey run through Bishop's University at https://survey.ubishops.ca/index.php/947674